Leconfield Merlot Rosé 2018

The Leconfield Coonawarra estate was established in 1974 by one of Australia’s most talented winemakers, Sydney Hamilton. During three decades to follow the vineyard has become famous for the distinctive wines it produces.  This rosé is the first produced by Leconfield.

Leconfield wanted to capture the elegance of Merlot in this wine through cool night harvesting.  No pressing was used in the extracting of juice, producing a lightly coloured and elegant wine.  75% of the juice was treated as an aromatic white – cold settled, racked with low solids and cold fermented using an aromatic yeast. The other 25% was fermented with whole solids and natural yeast at a warmer temperature, then allowed to undergo malo-lactic fermentation to promote mouthfeel and length.

Please Login to view pricing and order details.

Are you a consumer looking to buy?

Product Gallery

Tasting Notes

Tasting notes

Reviews & Awards

Trophy – Best Rosé, and Gold Medal

Limestone Coast Wine Show 2018

Would you like to join the Santé Wines newsletter?

Become a trade partner today and have the latest news, reviews and product information delivered straight to your inbox.